Happy Friday everyone! One of the things a lot of people said on my recent reader survey was that they wanted to know more about me and my everyday life. While I plan to share more about that in future posts as well, I thought it’d be fun to share 10 fun facts about me that you probably don’t know. Here we go:
1. People always ask me where I got my red hair from.. well the answer to that question is my dad.
2. I grew up in a small town called Ovilla, Texas, which is about 30 minutes south of downtown Dallas. It wasn’t until I was in high school that we got our first stoplight. Cory and I now live in Frisco, Texas, which is about 1 hour from my hometown.
3. When I was 15, I was in a Chuck E Cheese music video! Haha! While somewhat embarrassing, It was actually pretty fun! Click HERE to watch it.
4. I graduated from Baylor University with a degree in Public Relations, but 3 weeks after graduation I decided I wanted to be a teacher. I got my teaching certification and taught elementary school for 2 years! Once Cory and I got married, we decided that I would stay home. Because of that decision, I get to travel with my husband and focus on my role as a wife and homemaker!
5. Two of my very favorite foods are hot fries and Jack in the Box! If you’ve never been to Jack in the Box (like Cory before we met), you must try the tacos! They’re a game changer! Haha! (Don’t judge me until you try them!)
6. I grew up going to church, but didn’t fully understand the gospel until I was 23. Because of that, I decided to get re-baptized as an adult.
7. The first time I met Cory, I completely shut him down and was not interested whatsoever. It took two years before we finally went on our first date haha. “But then you fell for me fast 🙂 ” –Cory
8. I’m addicted to chapstick. Like, no joke… I can’t go more than an hour without reapplying it. Just ask Cory. I often ask him to go grab my chapstick on the other side of the room…or house.
9. I absolutely love traveling and have been to 15 countries… South Africa, India, Costa Rica, England, Spain, France, Italy, Mexico, Jamaica, Belize, Honduras, Bora Bora, Grand Cayman, Netherlands, and Monaco. (I think that’s it?)
10. Two of the coolest things I’ve ever done were bungee jumping and skydiving! I bungee jumped in South Africa and went skydiving with Cory 2 years ago! Both were seriously SO amazing.
11. Bonus: I was sprayed by a skunk in middle school and had to bathe in tomato juice. It was rough haha.
Videos I referenced 🙂
Bungee Jumping Video
Chuck E Cheese Video
So, there ya go! Let me know if you have any other questions about me and I’d love to answer them!
Love, Amy Cotton