Today is my 27th birthday.. wahoo!!!! I thought it would be fun to share 27 things about me that you might not know!
1. I love to sleep in and would probably sleep until 10 am every day if I could.
2. Cory and I started dating, got engaged, got married and bought are first house all within 13 months!
3. I have the biggest sweet tooth in the world! Sour candy is my favorite way to satisfy my sweet tooth.
4. My go to drink is a sangria swirl margarita! Yum!
5. We have a golden doodle named Oliver and I’m absolutely obsessed with him. (You probably already know that from my other blog posts haha!)
6. I stopped teaching elementary school 2 years ago to be a full time stay at home wife & homemaker. Some people think that’s a silly decision or don’t understand It, but I love it and the freedom it allows.
7. I’m definitely an introvert! Being at home energizes me.
8. My least favorite chore is doing laundry.
9. I love to cook and try making new recipes! Any favorites?
10. I went to Baylor University and originally thought I wanted to do broadcast journalism. I did an internship at a news station and quickly realized that’s not the path I wanted to go down. I switched to Public Relations and loved it! After graduation though, I decided I wanted to be a teacher!
11. My favorite type of food is Mexican. I will chose chips and queso over anything almost any day.
12. Even though I’m pretty type A and like to have things planned and organized, I can easily go with the flow too.
13. My three favorite places to shop are Nordstrom, Anthropologie, and Madewell.
14. I love to watch Master Chef and Food Network Star because they both inspire me to be a better cook.
15. I was never a fan of magazines until I started getting the Magnolia Journal. Now it’s the highlight of my day when it shows up in the mail!
16. The only bone I’ve ever broken was my thumb. I was on a cruise ship and I slipped on some water and hit my hand really hard on a door. Ouch!
17. When I was younger, I sang Take Me Out to the Ballgame at Texas Ranger’s Games three different times.
18. A couple of months ago I got to kiss Cory on a national TV commercial. It was quite the experience. Haha! You can watch it here.
19. I tried out for the Suite Life of Zac and Cody TV show when I was younger. Unfortunately, I wasn’t chosen. Haha!
20. The only sports I was involved in were gymnastics and cheerleading. I did both school cheerleading and competitive cheerleading.
21. I played the piano until I was in high school.
22. In elementary school I competed in math pentathlon for a couple of years. If you don’t know what that is, it’s basically a competition where you play math and problem solving games against other students.
23. My elbows are double jointed.
24. We lived in the same house my entire childhood. My parents still live there today.
25. I was on yearbook staff in high school for 3 years. One year I was even the sport’s editor. (If you know me at all you’d think that was funny!)
26. Cory and I met Michael Kors on our honeymoon in Bora Bora. He was nice, but he didn’t give me a free purse! Haha!
27. My faith is the most important thing to me. I try to daily live in a way that would glorify Jesus.
Cheers to 27!! I hope it’s the best year yet!
Love, Amy Cotton