This breakfast bowl is the best! I made this for some of our friends who just had their baby and it was SO tasty. The best part about it is that you can heat it back up and it is just as good the next day.
8 oz. Pork Sausage (I used Jimmy Dean)
1 Sweet Potato (chopped)
Salt and Pepper to taste
1 tsp. ground cumin
1 tbsp. olive oil
1/4 cup of shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
1. Heat a large skillet to medium-high heat and add your olive oil. When hot, add sweet potatoes to the skillet. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Cook until the potatoes are tender and are light brown on the edges. Once finished, set aside while you cook your meat.
2. Next, in the same skillet, still over medium-high heat, cook your sausage until it’s browned and crumbly. While cooking, add ground cumin, salt, and pepper to taste. Drain any excess fat or grease.
3. Turn the heat to low and mix together potatoes and sausage. Let these sit while you cook the eggs.
4. We chose to do scrambled eggs for our bowl, but you could also fry your eggs! While the eggs are cooking add the cheese (optional), salt, and pepper to taste. Once finished, mix all of the ingredients together and you have your breakfast bowl!
5. Divide into two bowls and enjoy! Some great things to pair with your bowl would be avocado or salsa!
Yum! What are some of your favorite breakfast recipes?